IS MENTAL HEALTH CARE EFFECTIVE IF PROVIDED ONLINE?
Hundreds of studies were conducted over the last two decades to evaluate the effectiveness of remote telepsychiatry compared to in-person treatment. The results of these studies unequivocally demonstrate the effectiveness of telepsychistry compared to in-person treatment. Some of these studies are listed below:
1. Ruskin PE, Silver-Aylaian M, Kling MA, Reed SA, Bradham DD, Hebel JR, et al. Treatment Outcomes In Depression: Comparison Of Remote Treatment Through Telepsychiatry To In-Person Treatment. The American journal of psychiatry. 2004.
2. O’Reilly R, Bishop J, Maddox K, Hutchinson L, Fisman M, Takhar J. Is Telepsychiatry Equivalent To Face-To-Face Psychiatry? Results From A Randomized Controlled Equivalence Trial. Psychiatr Services, 2007.
3. Donald M. Hilty, MD, Daphne C. Ferrer, MD, Michelle Burke Parish, MA, Barb Johnston, MSN, Edward J. Callahan, PhD, and Peter M. Yellowlees, MD, MBBS, The Effectiveness of Telemental Health: A 2013 Review, , Telemedicine Journal and e-Health, 2013.
4. Amy Gajaria,1 David K Conn,1,2 Robert Madan1,2¬¬ , Telepsychiatry: Effectiveness and Feasibility, Dovepress, 2015.
5. Yeung A, Martinson MA, Baer L, Chen J, Clain A, Williams A, Chang TE, Trinh NH, Alpert JE, Fava M, The Effectiveness Of Telepsychiatry-Based Culturally Sensitive Collaborative Treatment For Depressed Chinese American Immigrants: A Randomized Controlled Trial, PubMed, 2016.
HOW DO I ARRANGE SKYPE, PHONE CALL, OR LIVE CHAT APPOINTMENT?
After signing up, Log in to your account at Psychiatrist Online Middle East and write short message about your problem and your preferable way of communication. After receiving your message, we will contact your through email or phone and do our utmost to arrange an appointment at a mutually convenient time.
كيف بامكاني ترتيب جلسه مع الاخصائي النفسي عن طريق Skype او مكالمه تلفونيه اوLive chat أو حتى عن طريق الايميل؟
ان عملية التواصل مع الاخصائي النفسي عبر موقعنا الرسمي على الشبكه www.PsychiatristOnlineMiddleEast.com هي عمليه بسيطه تتطلب الخطوات التاليه:
1. اضغط على الايقونه Sign up ثم أملي البيانات المطلوبه وسجل نفسك في الموقع. كل ماتحتاجه في هذه الخطوه هو اسمك الصريح او لقبك مع ايميلك.
2. اضغط على الايقونه Log in ثم استخدم ايميلك وكلمة السر التي اخترتها عن التسجيل كي تدخلالى الموقع.
3. اضغط على الايقونه Contact our Psychiatrist كي تصل الى صفحة التواصل مع الاخصائي النفسي. اختر وسيلة التواصل التي ترغب بها ثم اكتب رساله قصيره تلخص المشكله واضغط على الايقونه Submit .
4. حين وصول رسالتك الينا سوف يقوم Psychiatrist Online Middle East بالاتصال بك لتحديد موعد مناسب لجلستك مع الاخصائي النفسي.
ملاحظه1: اذا اخترت الايميل وسيلتك للتواصل معنا فكل ماتحتاجه هو ارسال ايميل مفصل تشرح فيه مشكلتك. هذا وسوف يقوم الاخصائي النفسي بالرد على ايميلك في اسرع وقت ممكن.
ملاحظه2: يمكنك كتابة رسالتك بالعربيه أو بالانكليزيه.
WHICH LANGAUESES CAN BE USED IN THIS SERVICE?
The sessions and communications between psychiatrist and clients/patients can be conducted in Arabic or English.
WHAT COMPUTER FACILITIES ARE REQUIRED TO ACCESS OUR SERVICES?
When using a personal computer, both the professional device for video-transmission and the patient’s site should, when feasible, use professional grade or high quality cameras and audio equipment now widely available for personal computers. Personal computers shall have up-to-date antivirus software and a personal firewall installed. Both the doctor and patient should ensure their personal computer or mobile device has the latest security patches and updates applied to the operating system and third party applications that may be utilized for this purpose.
In the event of a technology breakdown, causing a disruption of the session, the professional shall have a backup plan in place. The plan shall be communicated to the patient prior to commencement of treatment. The professional may review the technology backup plan on a routine basis.
The plan may include calling the patient via telephone and attempting to troubleshoot the issue together. The plan may also include providing the patient with access to other mental healthcare. If the technical issue cannot be resolved, the professional may elect to complete the session via a voice-based telecommunication system.
HOW WILL THE DOCTOR’S AND PATIENT’S IDENTITY, CONTACT INFORMATION AND LOCATION BE VERIFIED?
The name and credentials of the physician and the name of the patient shall be verified. When providing professional mental health services to a patient in a home setting, the telehealth provider shall provide the patient (or legal representative) with his or her qualifications, licensure information, current location, and, when applicable, registration number and where the patient can verify this information. Patients shall provide their full name, address, and current location. The doctor may ask patients to verify their identity more formally by showing a government issued photo ID on the video screen or through a scanned copy sent through email. The contact information for both provider and patient shall be verified. This shall include gathering telephone and mail contact information for both the provider and patient and may also include contact information through electronic sources such as email. The location where the patient will be receiving services by videoconferencing shall be confirmed ad documented by the doctor.
CAN ONLINE CARE BE DONE ANYWHERE?
Both the professional and the patient’s room/environment should aim to provide comparable professional specifications of a professional office setting. Efforts shall be made to ensure privacy so clinical discussion cannot be overheard by others outside of the room where the service is provided. If other people are in either the patient or the professional’s room, both the professional and patient shall be made aware of the other person and agree to their presence. Seating and lighting should be tailored to allow maximum comfort to the participants. Both professional and patient should maximize clarity and visibility of the person at the other end of the video services. For example, patients receiving care at the home setting should be informed of the importance of reducing light from windows or light emanating from behind them. Both provider and patient cameras should be on a secure, stable platform to avoid wobbling and shaking during the videoconferencing session.
WHAT ABOUT PRIVACY?
Efforts shall be made to ensure privacy so clinical discussion cannot be overheard by others outside of the room where the service is provided. If other people are in either the patient or the professional’s room, both the professional and patient shall be made aware of the other person and agree to their presence.
WHAT ABOUT COST AND PAYMENT?
The cost of psychiatric services on Psychiatrist Online Middle East will be defined by the psychiatrist at the end of each session.
After the end of the session, patient/client will receive invoice message sent to his/her email showing the due amount indicated in USD.
To make your payment, log in to your account in Psychiatrist Online Middle East, choose Make New Payment/Payment History, select the payment method you prefer, then key in the required details and make your payment. A confirmation email will be sent to your email address.
ماذا عن تكاليف الاستشاره او العلاج النفسي عبر Psychiatrist Online Middle East وكيفية الدفع؟
ان تكاليف الاستشارة النفسية عبر الموقع يتم تحديدها حصريا من قبل الطبيب النفسي ودوما بعد انتهاء الجلسة.
اما عن كيفية تسديد تكاليف الخدمات عبر Psychiatrist Online Middle East فان الاجراء بسيط ويتلخص بالتالي:
– بعد انتهاء الجلسة مع الاستشاري النفسي وتحديد التكلفه من قبله سوف نقوم بارسال ايميل الى طالب الاستشاره يبين المبلغ المطلوب بالدولار الامريكي.
– يقوم المريض او طالب الاستشاره بالدخول الى الموقع من خلال الضغط على الايقونه Log in ومن ثم يقوم بالضغط على أيقونه Make New Payment/Payment History حيث يجد تفاصيل المبلغ المطلوب. بعد ذلك يقوم بالضغط على الزر Pay ويتبع تعليمات الدفع عبر PayPal سواء باستخدام حسابه على PayPal او باستخدام أية بطاقة ائتمان Credit Card .
– بعد الانتهاء من عملية الدفع سوف يتلقي المريض او طالب الاستشاره فاتوره تفصيله تصله عبر بريده الالكتروني المعتمد من قبل الموقع.
CAN I GET MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE WEBSITE IN ARABIC?
Special Facebook page for Arabic translation of the main items in the website, was created. This page includes, how to sign up? How to log in? How to arrange session with our psychiatrist, And how to make payment? This is in addition to other important information.
Please log in to our Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/PsychiatristOnlineMiddleEast for Arabic information.
WHAT ARE THE EXPECTATIONS REGARDING CONTACT BETWEEN SESSIONS?
Reasonable expectations about contact between sessions shall be discussed and verified with the patient. At the start of the treatment, the patient and provider should discuss whether or not the psychiatrist will be available for electronic contact (through our service) between sessions and the conditions under which such contact is appropriate. The provider should provide a specific time frame for expected response between session contacts. This should also include a discussion of emergency management between sessions.
HOW DO I KNOW THE SERVICE IS SECURE?
Skype calls are encrypted, but it is important to use a location which is secure such as a home high speed internet connection which is not shared. An internet café or a free public Wi-Fi would not be secure locations. That said, it is also crucial that your computer’s operating system, Skype and anti-viral software be up-to-date.
WHAT ARE THE PROS AND CONS OF ONLINE PSYCHIATRY?
- No long wait list.
- Convenience (comfort of your own home).
- No travel time.
- No social stigma.
- Some nuances of facial expression may be lost in transmission over Skype, video phone calls.
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Here’s what we collect
We may collect the following information:
• Contact information including email address
Here’s what we’ll do with the information we gather:
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service. In particular, we may use the information for:
• Internal record keeping.
• Contacting you for feedback and service quality improvement purposes.
• Customizing the website according to your interests.
• Provide your contact information to the agreed upon mental health care professional.
Here’s what we won’t do with the information we gather:
• We will never provide your information to third-party partners.
• We will never sell your information.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access, or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites Our website may contain links to enable you to easily visit other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information you provide whilst visiting such sites and this privacy statement does not govern such sites. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.